Taking up the course for Post Doctoral in any field in another country can be very tasking but rewarding. After years of study and passing their thesis after they have defended it with their professors and approved by the Dean of College. There comes the task of applying for a potential supervisor position on the college that a student originated. They need to send a very convincing email to the College Dean and board members of the school. The email can be composed with the proper etiquette.
The following steps can be taken on how to email a potential supervisor for the college.
- PhD students should do their research well. They should prove that their studies are relevant to the field of study or not. If it is not suitable there is someone that can be assigned to help the student.
- The student should use a clear subject line. It should show the clear intentions of the email to be sent.
- The student should properly address the supervisor or head with the right titles included. Not addressing them with the right titles will give a bad impression on the email’s intent. Get detailed info about email a potential supervisor on this site.
- The student should always introduce themselves properly stating their name, academic qualifications and the student’s level of experience with a clear intention.
- Conclude the email by reinforcing the enthusiasm for the position and summarising why they think that the student will make a great research student.
- Always end in thanking them that the student has sent the email.
- Use email etiquette by attaching supporting information.
- Keep the email short and brief in making the body.
- The student should always be patient in making a follow-up with the email that they have sent.
The student should always gather all the pertinent information regarding the application and the people that the email is going to be sent.